Saturday, December 24, 2011

Motor in Frame!!!

Well the heart beat of my 101 is back where it belong's.  Hope to get back after it as soon as the hoildays are over.  I have been checking out the exhaust system and the chain guard, looks like the orginal builder had done a lot of his own mods.  Hope to get it all put back somewhat the way it was.   I have also looked down in my tank and the old white thank cream is coming apart inside and I can see rust behind that.  Once again nothing is going as planned on this supposed to be easy rebuild..

2 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas! Great start on your Cannonball blog!

    Although I haven't had to treat the tank on my Cannonball entry (BMW R52), I've done a couple tanks with POR-15 and had a good result by following the directions closely.

    Good luck, see you in Newburgh!

    ReplyDelete