Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Thank you Polaris!

Now, here my soapbox sermon for the blog..... With Polaris taking over Indian and all rights that go with the name, they are issuing cease and desist orders all over the antique motorcycle community for all items Indian currently in reproduction with the Indian name and/or logo on it.  Now, while I am in complete agreement for T-shirts, hats, signs and the like, the actual motorcycle parts that are needed to restore these old girls that are all but non-existent and repo parts are what most of us use, I AM NOT!

For instance, my 1936 amp gauge....since I can't get a repo one now, I have to try to piece and patch on this original to make it work.  Certainly would have been nice to have been able to have gotten one from Kevin Flanagan or the like....no such luck now.



Hopefully, the antique motorcycle community, who are solely responsible for keeping the Indian name alive will one day again be able to have the needed repo parts and pieces to these old girls become available.  If not for guys like my dad, Polaris may have been building a Cleveland, an Ace, or another early bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment